Hello readers, whenever we think of the best airlines in the USA, American Airlines is one of the first names that comes to our minds. It is one of the best and most well-known airlines in the USA. In this post, we will discuss all about the American Airlines name change policy 2023.
It is all about means, what is it, how American Airlines changes the name on the ticket, and what is American Airlines name change fee is.
If you want to know all about the American Airlines name change policy then read this post. You can also bookmark this page if you are busy right now.
Read Also: American Airlines Check-In
So, let’s start with the name change policy of American Airlines.
American Airlines Name Change Policy 2023
Here we give some points that describe the name change policy very well.
- Name changes are allowed on non-refundable tickets, but a fee applies. The American Airlines name change fee for domestic flights is $200 and a percentage of the ticket price for international flights.
- You can change the name on the ticket to someone else for the same itinerary. The new passenger’s name must match the government-issued ID they plan to use for travel.
- To change the name, you need to contact American Airlines Reservations or an authorized travel agent. The name changes option is not available online.
- The name change request must be made at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights. For international flights, the cutoff time is 72 hours before departure.
- Only the person named on the ticket can make a name change request. But for someone else you need the correct confirmation code.
- Any fare difference in the ticket price due to the name change will need to be paid. You’ll also need to pay any applicable change fees.
- Refunds are not allowed after a name is changed on a non-refundable ticket.
So, in summary, American Airlines does allow name changes for a fee. There are restrictions on when the change can be made. Reach out to American Airlines Reservations directly to request a name change on an existing booking.
What Is The Process Of American Airlines Change Name On Ticket?
Here we give some steps to change the name on an American Airlines ticket. By following them you can easily change the name on your American airline’s tickets.
- Contact American Airlines Reservations or your travel agent directly. The name changes option is not available online.
- Provide the 6-letter confirmation code for your existing booking that requires the name change.
- Specify the exact new legal name that should appear on the ticket. Make sure it matches the passenger’s government-issued ID they plan to use for travel.
- American Airlines will check if there is any fare difference due to the name change and advise you of any additional amount due.
- Pay the name change fee – $200 for domestic flights or a percentage of the ticket cost for international. Pay any fare difference as well.
- Once the payment is complete, American Airlines will electronically update the name on the ticket.
- The new ticket will be emailed to you with the revised passenger name within 24 hours. You can also get it in your mail.
- The itinerary and schedule remain unchanged – only the passenger’s name is updated.
- On the day of travel, advise the check-in agent of the name change for reference. But the reservation will reflect the updated name.
- The new passenger flies with their government-issued ID matching the changed ticket name.
So, by following the simple steps you can easily perform an American airline name change on your ticket. The process of name change in air tickets is very easy, contact American Airlines directly, provide booking details, pay any applicable fees, and receive the updated ticket by email to complete the name change.
American Airline Name Change Fee
If you are thinking about what fee is applied for name changes on your American Airlines tickets then don’t worry, here are the typical fees American Airlines charges for name changes on tickets.
For Domestic Flights Within The U.S
The name change fee is $200 per ticket if the flight is entirely within the U.S.
For International Flights Departing From The U.S
The name change fee is $200 for the transborder portion (U.S. to Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, etc.)
Read Also: American Airlines Pet Policy
For other international flights, the name change fee is a percentage of the total ticket cost. It is typically around 15%
For International Flights Departing From Outside The U.S
The name change fee varies – you need to check the specific fee with the local American Airlines reservations office. It is usually around 15% of the total ticket cost.
In addition to the name change fee, you will also need to pay any fare difference if the ticket price has changed since you first booked the ticket.
No name change fee is charged if you are switching between substitutable tickets within a company, or for involuntary changes like death or illness.
You will not get Refunds after you change the name on a non-refundable American Airlines ticket.
Read Also: American Airlines Cancellation Policy
So, in summary, expect to pay around $200 for domestic flights, 15% of ticket cost for international flights, plus any fare difference when changing names on American Airlines tickets. Contact them to confirm the exact fees before making the change.
So, this is all in this post what is the Name Change Policy of American Airlines? I hope now you have a very well knowledge about how to change your name on American Airlines tickets.
To get any help, call our tech experts at +1-888-797-9785 or use live chat support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Can I change the name on my American Airlines ticket?
Answer: Yes, you can change the name on your American Airlines tickets.
Question: Can you change flight names on tickets?
Answer: Yes, you can change flight names on tickets but normally you need to pay some extra fee for that.
Question: Does American Airlines refund tickets?
Answer: Yes, American Airlines refunds tickets but for that, you need to cancel your tickets and give a valid reason for that. You can get a full refund if you cancel your flight tickets under the 24-hour cancellation policy.