Introduction of Alaska Airlines Reservations
Alaska Airlines is a major U.S. airline based in Seattle and Washington. If you have booked a ticket with Alaska Airlines or want to know about it then this post is going to be beneficial to you. In this post, we will tell you all about Alaska Airlines like how to make Alaska Airlines Reservations and the reservation options.
This airline was founded in 1932 and now it is the fifth largest airline in the country. Alaska Airlines operates an extensive route network focused primarily on the West Coast in addition to flights to popular destinations like Hawaii and Mexico. It serves over 120 destinations across North America.
Read Also: How to book the cheapest air tickets?
The airline has a strong presence up and down the West Coast including hubs in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego. It operates an all Boeing fleet made up of B737, B757, B717, and Bombardier Q400 aircraft. Alaska Airlines joined the Oneworld global airline alliance in 2021.
In 2022, Alaska Airlines carried over 40 million passengers. It has over 20,000 employees and is known for excellent customer satisfaction and care.
How To Make Reservations?
Please follow the given steps to make flight reservations on Alaska Airlines.
Online Booking Via Website
The first way to make an Alaska Airlines reservation is Online booking. You can book your flight online by visiting the Alaska Airlines website. The website provides full flight schedules, current fares, and the ability to search, select, and purchase airline tickets. You can easily book your Alaska Airlines flight online.
Book A Flight Via Mobile App
The second way to make a reservation at Alaska Airlines is a mobile app. Mobile app booking is available for iOS and Android devices. The Alaska Airlines app offers similar booking capabilities as the website plus mobile-centric features like mobile boarding passes.
Contacting Alaska Airlines Reservation
Call Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-252-7522 to speak with a reservations agent for assistance booking over the phone. Long hold times can be expected during peak booking periods.
Through Travel Agent
The last option for Alaska Airlines Reservations is through travel agents. Travel agent bookings are also available through traditional travel agencies that can access Alaska Airlines fares and schedules. Fees may apply.
Alaska Airlines Reservation Options
When searching for flights on Alaska Airlines, different booking options and fare classes are available including:
- Main Cabin – Alaska’s standard economy class booking. Free seat selection from available Main Cabin seats. 1 free carry-on bag included.
- First Class – Premium booking with extra legroom seats. Priority boarding and services. Free first-checked bag, full meal, and alcoholic beverage service on board. Access to airport lounges for eligible members.
- Saver Fares – Lowest priced economy fares. Restrictions apply including no seat selection or changes. 1 carry-on bag allowed.
- Premium Class – Extra amenities with a Main Cabin seat. Free seat selection, priority boarding, free first checked bag, and 50% more Mileage Plan miles.
Ancillaries And Extras
A variety of ancillary products and extras can be added to Alaska Airlines reservations for additional fees including:
- Pre-purchase seat selection – Pick Main Cabin or First Class seats for a fee based on route and fare type. Exit rows and bulkhead seats cost extra.
- Checked baggage – The first bag is $30, second is $40. Bags up to 50 pounds. Oversized and additional bags higher.
- Inflight WiFi – Internet access is available on most aircraft. Price is based on the data amount selected or duration of use.
- Inflight food and drinks – First Class meals included. Main Cabin meals, snacks, and alcohol must be purchased.
- Pet travel – $100 each way for pets in the cabin. Some restrictions on pet types and sizes.
- Unaccompanied minors – $50 direct one-way, $100 connecting. Supervision for children aged 5-14 traveling alone.
Frequent Flyer Program
Mileage Plan is Alaska Airlines’ frequent flyer program. Members earn miles by flying on Alaska and partners which can be redeemed for future award travel. Program benefits and elite tiers include:
- MVP – Reached after 20,000 miles within 1 year. 50% mileage bonus, priority boarding and upgrades.
- MVP Gold – 40,000 miles within 1 year. 100% mileage bonus, extra free bag, priority services.
- MVP Gold 75k – 75,000 miles within 1 year. Top elite status with maximum mileage bonus and priority benefits.
- Complimentary upgrades – Mileage Plan members can request upgrades to First Class using upgrade certificates or miles.
Partner airlines like American, British Airways, and Qantas also earn Mileage Plan miles. Miles don’t expire but accounts with no activity for 24 months are deactivated.
Managing Alaska Airlines Reservations
Existing Alaska Airlines flight reservations can be managed by passengers in several ways:
- Online via ‘My Trips’ on the website or mobile app. Change or cancel flights, select seats, add bags, check in, etc.
- Phone call to Alaska Reservations at 1-800-252-7522. Long waits are expected. Fees may apply for changes.
- Airport ticket counter or check-in kiosk on the day of departure. Print boarding passes, and make same-day changes.
- Alaska Airlines app push notifications – Track flight status, gate changes, and delays and manage bookings via mobile alerts.
Change And Cancellation Policies
Change and cancellation policies for reservations depend on the fare type purchased:
- Saver fares – No changes or cancellations permitted. If Alaska Airlines cancel your flight then you will get a refund.
- Main and First Class – Changes permitted for a fee based on fare rules. Non-refundable tickets can be canceled for a future travel credit.
- Refundable fares – Full refunds are allowed up to 60 minutes prior to departure. The most expensive flexible fares.
- Same-day changes – Standby to switch to an earlier or later same-day flight. Restrictions apply and fees range from $25-$50.
- 24-hour cancellation policy – Refunds within 24 hours of booking for flights at least 7 days away.
Refunds are typically issued as an Alaska Airlines credit valid for 1 year. Refund methods depend on the original form of payment. You can use credits for future bookings.
This is all about Alaska Airlines. I hope after this post you will have a good knowledge about how to make a reservation on Alaska Airlines.
From the West Coast to Hawaii, Alaska Airlines provides full-service airline travel primarily across the western U.S. The airline offers value fares plus premium amenities in First Class.
Read Also: Travel Credit Cards
Mileage Plan rewards loyal customers with elite status upgrades and miles. Managing reservations online is easy for changes, seat assignments, and adding bags or extras.
Alaska’s flexible policies like 24-hour cancellations make booking worry-free. For upcoming travel needs, be sure to consider booking reservations on Alaska Airlines.
For any help, call Alaska Airlines Reservations number +1-888-797-9785 or use live chat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Answer: To check your plane ticket reservations, open the respective airline’s site. Go to the edit or manage booking option. Enter your flight details like booking reference number, email, or last name. After this click on the Get itinerary button. You will see your flight details.
Answer: Tuesday is the cheapest day to book a flight on Alaska Airlines.
Answer: Yes, Alaska Airlines still flies. Alaska serves more than 115 destinations, of which 1,200 flights fly in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and Costa Rica.
Answer: You can dial +1-888-797-9785 for flight reservations.
Answer: To get the cheapest air tickets you can book your tickets at least 3 weeks before the flight departure.